"Hats off to the past - Coats off to the future!"
Charity Registration No. 1129987 - Cornish Quest is a charity and relies on your donations
KERNOW KING SUPPORT FOR CORNISH QUEST
Kernow King very kindly donated his fees for a presentation on social media given as part of a Bewnans Kernow day course on Saturday 25th January at Truro College to Cornish Quest.
Cornish Quest is very grateful to Ed for his ongoing support and this donation will help fund a pack of resources on Cornish mining to be given to every secondary school in Cornwall.
THE RICHARD ANGOVE BURSARY
Cornish Quest has launched the Richard Angove Bursary in partnership with the Institute of Cornish Studies. This is an annual book bursary in honour of Cornish Quest's first Treasurer which is awarded to students of the Institute who show strong commitment to Cornwall and a clear understanding of Cornish history.
The awards will be presented at the Institute of Cornish Studies' St Piran's Day celebration on the 5th March at Penryn Campus.
CORNISH HISTORY PART-TIME COURSE AT PENWITH COLLEGE
Learn about Cornish history from before the Norman Conquest to the present day.
Find out how and why 'Cornwall is different'.
7192 - Tue 29 Apr 2014 / 10 weeks / Penwith College / 19:00 to 20:30
Click here for more information
To enrol: Tel. 01872 265800
‘THE CAMBORNE SCHOOL OF MINES - THE HISTORY OF MINING EDUCATION IN CORNWALL'
Cornish Quest Trustee, Laurie Piper has published a comprehensive volume charting 125 years of a unique Cornish institution, the Camborne School of Mines.
Published by the Trevithick Society with funding support from the Cornish Mining World Heritage Site Partnership, ‘The Camborne School of Mines - the History of Mining Education in Cornwall’ is the result of many year’s research by Lawrence Piper, a former Principal of what is now Cornwall College.
CORNISH HISTORY REFERENCE PACK
Secondary schoolchildren in Cornwall will now be able to explore all sorts of aspects of Cornwall's history by checking out the books about Cornwall donated recently by Cornish Quest to every Cornish secondary school.
The books are the same for each school and they are:
1. Cornovia - Craig Weatherhill
2. Cornwall in the Age of Steam - Charles Guthrie
3. The Saints of Cornwall - Catherine Rachel John
4. Cornwall's People - Carolyn Martin
5. Cornish! A Dictionary of Phrases, Terms and Epithets Beginning with the word "Cornish" Thornton B. Edwards
6. Life in Cornwall in the early C19th - ed. R M Barton
7. Life in Cornwall 1939-42 - Catherine Ince
8. The Falmouth Packets - Tony Pawlyn
9. Our Future is History -John Angarrack
10. Maga Schools' Cornish Dictionary
11. Cornish Place Names - Craig Weatherhill
12. Scoot Dances, Troyls, Furrys and Tea Treats - Merv, Alison & Jowdy Davey
13. The Theatre of Cornwall- Dr Alan Kent
14. The Ordinalia - Dr Alan Kent
School Reference Packs
Humphry Davy School receives a pack of Cornish history reference books from Cornish Quest
The teaching resources webpage here has recently had some very useful new additions and is developing into a comprehensive selection of well-produced downloads from organisations throughout Cornwall.